Good Samaritan Sunnyside House
Located in forested hills just minutes southeast of Coeur d'Alene and directly next door to our Bonnell Facility, the Sunnyside men's house is the third mens facility within Good Samaritan Rehabilitation. Men who spend their 60-day faith based inpatient treatment here enjoy a peaceful and quiet atmosphere that really allows them to focus on their relationship with Christ.
Men bunk together in dormitory style accommodations and follow a detailed schedule from 6am to 10pm daily. In addition to daily classes, services, and housekeeping responsibilities, the men also have free time throughout the day to catch up on classwork, get in the word, or spend some time in the workout/recreation area. Visiting at the Sunnyside house starts at 3pm every Sunday for approved family members.
Once a week, on Saturdays, the men will generally go out into the community and spend a half day performing community service/benevolence.
What you can expect during the average day at the Sunnyside house includes:
- Men cook two daily meals (lunch and dinner) together, with the facilitation staff responsible for breakfast.
- Wake-up/workout/shower time
- Morning Proverbs study
- Morning bible tape followed by Bible writings or topical studies
- Morning classes at church
- House chores/cleanup
- Free time
- Afternoon bible tape
- Afternoon study/class (Varies by day)
- Free time
- Bible Study
- Nightly pray out
- Lights out
Classes vary by day, as do the church services and Bible studies. Some of these activities include:
- Monday night Worship and Bible study at The Altar Church.
- Book of James Study
- 12 Step
- Moral Reconation Therapy
- Cognitive Self Change
- Cell Group at Pastor Tim and Cindy Remingtons house
- Sunday morning bible study before church
- Sunday services at The Altar Church
- BASIC study