What Happens When You Check In?
Upon arrival to the facility, several things will take place to get you started into your program. Below is a brief outline of the process, and what you can expect when first arriving at Good Samaritan.
- You will be introduced to the facilitator on duty who will walk you through the rest of the process.
- The facilitator will assist you with filling out your intake paperwork and questionnaire.
- The facilitator will review all of the rules and expectations of the program with you.
- You will then be shown to your room, bed, and personal items storage area.
- A tour of the entire house will be given to you.
- You will meet with the other men or women in the house.
- The facilitator will answer any questions that you may have.
- Once all of this is completed, you will then join into the regularly scheduled activities.
Most all of your needs will be provided for while in the program, but you are allowed to bring or have brought in the following personal items:
- Clothes, shoes, sleepwear, etc
- A King James Version of the Bible
- A wedding ring (If married)
- Hard candies/gum that may be used throughout the day
- Family members may bring in ground coffee, creamer, or food items, but it will be shared with the entire house if brought in.
- Toiletries - Deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, etc. No makeup is allowed.